Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 8 - Pits and Peaks

A co-worker and friend of mine has introduced me to this little ritual that I love. It's called "Pit and Peak". It's a real simple concept. We were having some drinks after work some time ago and she asked the group what our "pit and peak" of the day was? Pit being the low, and a peak being the high point of the day.

Now working in radio means I have a heightened love of aliteration so the catchy 'Pit and Peak' really appeals, but what got me most was that cathartic feeling of sharing your trials and tribulations of the day in a kind of controlled way - you are only allowed one pit after all.

I gave this particular co-worker a ride to her car today and on the way she asked me what my Pit and Peak was... but I have just remembered I didn't ask her for hers! That might be my Pit of the day.

Anyway I really recommend the "Pit and Peak" ritual - introduce it around the dinner table, ask your flatmates, colleagues. It's an excellent way to close the day.

Tonight's dinner was chicken curry. And now I am craving something sweet ... normally it's be a trip to supermarket to satisfy it. But given our new weekly budget constraints I was resigned to missing out. Luckily I have found some (slightly expired) Lindor chocolate in the pantry... talk about a a Peak!

















No comments:

Post a Comment