Thursday, July 11, 2013

Days 9, 10 ,11 - 2 for the price of three



So the week has turned in on itself really and I've not posted for two days. But posting became second priority with work demanding attention and family staying at short notice. But tonight I am back at the helm and so I hope to catch you up.

The supermarket budget has gone out the window - $50 last night (cough medicine, throat lozenges and codral add up!) and the "bugger the budget I'm having a wine" $20 tonight we have far exceeded our $30 a week target spend. Oh well. And I guess this is the reality many families face... unexpecteds arrive and the good budget intent goes out the window. That's real life - not some bloody blog!

But back to the blog, Chef Hubby has been cooking up a storm this week. Not just for me but for the dog too. He's making homemade dog casserole as I write. Rice, pearl barley, pet mince, frozen veges and water. Boil til gloopy.We'll freeze it in woof sized portions for reheating later...


We had Japanese Okonomiyaki Pancake on Tuesday night, Simmered Chicken Drumsticks (in soy sauce, vinegar, sugar in equal parts and a bit of honey) on Wednesday night. I was so hungry I forgot to take a photo and just ate it all! Tonight we had, Creamy Pasta Carbonara with a kick of Chili.


Friday night, my night to cook, is tomorrow... any ideas?






No comments:

Post a Comment